Few Problems Noted

Found an error in our database? Please, post it here and we'll try to fix it asap!
Mishca

Few Problems Noted

Post by Mishca » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:11 am

Not sure if you want this here but I've noticed some things while using your site the last few days.

First, your pages are doing this odd refresh thing where I will have a page loaded fully, and have it open and out of no where it suddenly refreshes the whole page again without me clicking on anything. I notice this most frequently when I am scrolling up or down the page.

Secondly, your search bar is case sensitive which is a very bad thing. For example I searched dragonspike and got no results. I had to then go search again Dragonspike to get two results. It is also will not allow any sort of misspelling such as me typing in Dragonspikes. This again yields no results. I don't know if anything can be done about either of these two cases but it would be great if you can because it takes away from usability if it stays as is. I end up having to go to google to search the item I need to get a link back to your website.
Life is a lesson in learning that we need each other more than we want to admit.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Re: Few Problems Noted

Post by Kiriak » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Mishca wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:11 am
Not sure if you want this here but I've noticed some things while using your site the last few days.

First, your pages are doing this odd refresh thing where I will have a page loaded fully, and have it open and out of no where it suddenly refreshes the whole page again without me clicking on anything. I notice this most frequently when I am scrolling up or down the page.
Thanks for your report!
This is an unfortunate side effect of the ddos protection. The site is under constant ddos attack and until the attack ends, i have to keep the protection on.
I'm also experiencing this refreshes and working with the ddos protection service guys on the fix.
Secondly, your search bar is case sensitive which is a very bad thing. For example I searched dragonspike and got no results. I had to then go search again Dragonspike to get two results. It is also will not allow any sort of misspelling such as me typing in Dragonspikes. This again yields no results. I don't know if anything can be done about either of these two cases but it would be great if you can because it takes away from usability if it stays as is. I end up having to go to google to search the item I need to get a link back to your website.
The search was always not case sensitive. I've tried to search for the "dragonspike" just now and got two results for it. Maybe you've typed "dragonspikes" first time?
As for the misspelling, i don't think i can do anything about it, because that's how the mysql performs the search. It'll look for every letter, you've typed.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Re: Few Problems Noted

Post by Kiriak » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:25 pm

The refresh problem should be solved now.